It is designed to correct:
Thoracic and Lumbar curvatures upto 45°
C-shape / S-shape of the spine
Congenital Scoliosis in Kids (age 6 – 18 yrs)
Idiopathic Scoliosis in Adults (age 18 – 80+ yrs)
Post-surgery Spinal Support
Kids and Teens
- Avoid or eliminate back rods and surgery
- No real restrictions on sports or activities
- Improved body image and confidence
- Proactive, non-invasive intervention
- Reduces scoliosis-related pain
- Improves curvature and stops progression
- Works for both fused and non-fused patients
- Can be worn under or over clothing
CORRECTIVE FOR LEFT-, RIGHT- OR BOTH-SIDED CURVES
DO-820 is an over-corrective scoliosis brace. It works by guiding your spine into a posture that is the opposite of the curve. Works for both left and right sided curves. It aims to reduce the scoliosis curve, while improving the overall appearance of your body and reducing the pain waves
HIGHLY EFFICIENT & COMFORTABLE
This brace is designed for long term stability while keeping its high efficiency. Shoulder straps, waist traps, and other body-touch parts are soft cushioned. The brace is unisex and suitable for people of all ages with height above 4’10”. Can be worn single-handedly without additional help upon practice
ADJUSTABLE & COST-EFFECTIVE
It is easy to adjust to your height and spine curvature. Most suitable for growing spines, saving you the cost of a new brace every few years. The 360° strap hinges and correction belt height adjustor provides perfect alignment each time
MODERN LIGHT ENGINEERING
DO-820 scoliosis brace is designed based on three principles of biomedical engineering: Aluminum Alloy Support Bar, Bracket Height Adjustable, and Mesh Breathable Material. It has a perfect 10/10 bio-medical engineering score
SKIN & BODY FRIENDLY
More comfortable than hard braces and more effective than soft braces. Unlike other body wrap plastic designs, this brace has breathable inner cushions and minimal body contact. This allows you to wear the orthosis for extended periods without extra sweating or skin irritation
Our 100% Money Back Guarantee
If you are unhappy with any BackPainSeal product within 14 days of testing, let us know and we will happily refund 100% of your purchase. No questions asked.
We are confident that BackPainSeal offers the best and affordable braces internationally and we have seen it improve the lives of thousands of customers.
We hope you’ll join us in making bracing needs more accessible to everyone in need.
Clif Taffet - Founder and Development Lead
DO-820 scoliosis brace provides a targeted correction of the scoliosis-curve. It has a high benefit-to-cost ratio compared to the other options that are currently available in the pharmacy. I encourage backpainseal to come forth and make it available to local pharmacies.
- BackPainSeal™ DO-820 Modern Corrective Scoliosis Brace for Kids and Adults
- 14 Day Moneyback Guarantee
- 770 g / 1.7 lbs
- Adjust the height of the bracket according to the height of an individual by fixing the screws on the side
- Untie all straps and place the bracket on the side of the body
- Fix the waist straps and chest straps separately and adjust the tightness
- Press and hold the adjuster button on the side to adjust the up and down position of the corrective strap so that the corrective pressure pad is at the highest point of the side protrusion
- Adjust the shoulder strap and fix it
Cleaning and Maintenance:
- Wash with a neutral detergent and water by hand
- Do not use washing machine to wash, bleach, dehydrate, or dry clean
- The plastic case can be wiped clean with a wet towel. Store at room temperature in a dry place
- It is recommended to use it under the guidance of a specialist
- When wearing, it should not be too tight or too loose. If there is any discomfort, please stop using it
- Children must use it under the supervision of an adult
What is scoliosis?
What are the types of scoliosis?
- Idiopathic scoliosis is without a known cause. In as many as 75% of cases, specialists don’t find the exact reason for a curved spine.
- Congenital scoliosis begins as a baby’s back develops before birth. Problems with the tiny bones in the back, called vertebrae, can cause the spine to curve. The vertebrae may be incomplete or fail to divide properly. Specialists may spot this rare genetic condition when the child is born. Or they may not find it until the teen years.
- Neuromuscular scoliosis is caused by a disorder like spina bifida, cerebral palsy, or a spinal cord injury. These conditions sometimes damage your muscles so they don’t support your spine correctly. That can cause your back to curve.
- Degenerative scoliosis affects adults. It usually develops in the lower back as the disks and joints of the spine begin to wear out as you age.
- Kyphoscoliosis: a combination of outward and lateral spine curvature
- Dextroscoliosis: curvature of the spine to the right
- Rotoscoliosis (rotatory): curvature of the vertebral column turned on its axis
- Levoconvex: curvature of the spine to the left
- Thoracolumbar: curvature related to both the thoracic and lumbar regions of the spine
What are risk factors for scoliosis?
Women have a higher risk of scoliosis than men since their spine curvatures are more likely to worsen when they are younger. Age is also a risk factor since symptoms often present between ages 9 to 15. Although many individuals who develop the condition do not have family members with scoliosis, heredity increases the risk of the condition.
What are the treatment options for scoliosis?
Does scoliosis brace work?
- wear your brace correctly
- check often to be sure it fits properly and have it revised if it doesn’t
- wear it for the recommended amount of time, which is often 16-23 hours a day
How much does scoliosis brace cost?
Most often, traditional braces will range in price from $5,000 to $10,000. It’s important to remember that this is solely the cost of the brace; this doesn’t include the cost of having the brace fitted, X-rays taken, and any other associated fees.
When considering different paths of treatment for scoliosis, financial cost should also be considered. When it comes to bracing, the average cost of a traditional scoliosis back brace can vary depending on the design.
Types of Scoliosis Braces
Some of the more common full-time braces include:
The most-commonly prescribed brace for scoliosis is the Boston brace. Although there are different types of Boston brace models, such as the CTLSO (TLSO with a neck extension) for a high thoracic curve, they are currently not as common as the Boston brace.
The orthotist selects the mold that most closely fits the user’s size and type of scoliosis curve and then uses a blueprint to add corrective pads and scoliosis curve-specific trim lines (cutouts) to the brace. The Boston brace corrects the curve by applying pressure to the convex (outer) side and cutting out relief areas on the concave (inner) side, so the spine can migrate in that direction.
The brace opens in the back, so the user may need help getting into and out of it. As the mold is unbreathable some users may develop skin problems.
In contrast to the Boston brace, the Wilmington brace is custom-fitted based on a cast taken of the user while lying down and facing up. These forces are then added after the cast is made. This brace goes onto the body similar to a tight jacket and is known as a full contact TLSO due to its lack of gaps or open spots.
Charleston Bending Brace
The Providence brace directly applies lateral and rotational forces on a specific curve. It is similar to the Charleston brace, but instead of bending the spine’s curve in the opposite direction as the Charleston brace does, it uses only one shoulder. The Providence brace is capable of pushing the curve toward the midline or beyond in some cases. Sometimes physicians prefer to prescribe one or the other, based on their personal preference for either Charleston bending braces or Providence braces.
What makes DO-820 scoliosis brace different?
Is it the same for left and right side?
Yes, the brace works by correctively aligning the back to the body of the brace. Only adjustment it needs is the adjustment of the height. A user manual will be provided along with the brace for detailed adjustment..
Does it require 2 people to put it on?
No, once you get used to the mechanism, you can put it on/off all by yourself.
What are the available sizes?
Available in single size suitable for users taller than 125 cm / 4’10”
Can this correction brace be used by children / teenagers?
There is no age restriction for using this brace as long as the height of the user is above 125 cm / 4’10”
Will the brace stay snug around my waist even with a large belly?
Yes, the brace should stay in place as long as you’ve secured it tightly.
Is the back brace suitable for both men and women?
Yes, the brace has unisex design.
Can the brace help me with idiopathic scoliosis?
Yes, this brace can provide proper alignment for idiopathic scoliosis users.
Does this brace secure well?
Can the brace support my back after an injury?
If the injury is associated with scoliosis, then this brace can provide proper alignment and reduce the pain.
Can the brace help lower back relieve pain?
If the condition is associated with scoliosis, then this brace can provide proper alignment and reduce the pain.
Is the brace comfortable wearing next to skin?
Yes, the brace is well cushioned internally for you to wear next to the skin. For sensitive skins go with a cotton t-shirt underneath.
How do I wash the brace?
Please check the ‘Cleaning & Maintenance’ section below.
Is the brace latex-free?
Yes, the brace is completely latex-free.
Stand with BackPainSeal
Stand with us to seal the suffering of orphans living in the dire need of food, shelter, and medicine. Learn More..
Best Brace for Compression Fracture